Sunday, May 17, 2009

33 Weeks.

These Braxton Hicks are kicking my butt today. So much that I thought I better start a hospital packing list, just in case. I plan to go shopping for mini-toiletries tomorrow after work. Mom says I've dropped, but the truth is, I don't even think Sofia was ever really "up." I've been carrying extremely low this whole time.



Ohhh, what a weekend.

Saturday started out as a nice, relaxing day for me. Tiegan was with Grandma Judy getting ready for her dance recital and I had the morning to myself while Jason was at work. Mom picked me up around Noon to do some shopping and running around. Jason met us at Mom's house after work (poor guy has been running himself ragged with work... I miss his smiling face and it breaks my heart to see him so tired/miserable all the time). The 3 of us went to Tiegan's recital. I cried... Jason teared up a bit... HE actually grabbed MY hand, to my surprise. Such a softie. But shh-I wasn't supposed to tell.

[Don't mind my watermark on the photos - I'm hoping people will ask about ordering CDs next year. She's the tiniest one with her back to the camera in the 1st one.]




Those pink/yellow costumes are from her ballet class. The following are from her tumbling class, which was a riot. She started 1/2way through the year, and even though she was being tutored an extra day every week, she's still the smallest girl in the class and was a little behind. She was the last one to do each move, but she was trying SO hard. The whole auditorium @ Western, which was full, was laughing and "awwww"-ing and cheering her on and roaring for her and she was just loving it. And of course I'm like... yeah, that's my baby!!!

It's a little odd because some of the kids in her class are so much older and way better at doing these moves, so it's kind of unfair to expect them to synch all the time. I think her age group is 3-5 so she's right at the bottom. But she really looks up to and emulates the bigger girls... it's not so much a competition. So I guess it's not all bad.





So anyway, a zillion photos, hugs and tears of joy later, Tiegan went to spend the night with grandma Sheli (Jason's mom) and J and I headed to take my mom home. In the car, she got a voicemail from my Dad, who was with my sister and her new baby at the UofM NICU. Yes... it has been a long and interesting week that I have not nearly covered well enough here at this blog. Oh well.

I still don't know all the particulars, but there was some problem - her baby had lost 12% of his birth weight (they become concerned at 10%) and was more lethargic by the hour. He was only 5 lbs. 4 oz. at birth, so you can imagine how TINY he was at this point. They were about to do a spinal tap, and that's all I know. We took Jason home to rest and I drove Mom up to the U. It was after 9pm by this time. We stayed a couple hours and I was home sometime after 2am. By this morning, baby Charlie was doing much better after some time on IV fluids. They plan to keep him a couple more days for monitoring, but he should be OK to go back home after that. Phew!!

Jason, Tiegan and I went out to breakfast this morning and did some shopping, and in the afternoon I went to JCC to take photos at my sister's capping and pinning ceremony for having graduated the LPN program.

Oh yeah - I didn't mention this either - she had her baby at UofM Tuesday night, and came back to town Wednesday night to attend the JCC graduation ceremony. Strong woman.

Jason, Tiegan and I did even MORE shopping after I got home from the ceremony. We now have a pack-n-play that we acquired from Target for $46... and it's even cute - not tacky-looking like most of the cheap ones are. We also have all the pieces/parts we need to successfully hook up the washer/dryer after they're delivered tomorrow. Jason is delivering them himself, since they're from his work, and then installing them himself after work. After a 12 hour work day. Man he is one busy dude.

I am rambling and delirious. Time for bed. From the time I started this entry to the time I finished, I have had 3 Braxton Hicks. YUCK.

Sofia could technically be born without complications at this point, maybe with some time in the NICU depending on her development. But we're just not ready... I'm just not ready. I want her to be full term and healthy, and I want to be mentally prepared - which I'm totally not yet.

We'll get there.
Cross your fingers.

No comments: