Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day & that Pesky Belly Photo

I had a pretty good Mother's Day Weekend... how about everyone else?

S'pose I consider yesterday more my Mother's Day than today was. Yesterday we got a bunch of stuff done in Sofia's room, Tiegan was sweet and affectionate towards everyone, and it was overall just a lovely day of running around and having fun together as a family.

Today, not so much.

This morning I pulled something in my groin/lower abdomen by trying to push a mini fridge into place with my foot. I've been limping all day. Tiegan got up just a little too early for her own good (and had a too-short nap to boot), and hasn't had her listening ears on. Subsequently, Jason has not been in a very hospitable/understanding/loving mood. But God love him, he's been doing his best. Complying with my little requests such as "can you help me off the couch?" and "can I have a refill?" is really all I've wanted, and he's been completing those tasks with flying colors.

I did do the dishes on my own accord this evening, after J fell asleep on the couch with a headache. I really can't complain all that much. My pulled groin (or whatever the #$&^!@ it is) is starting to feel a little better, as long as I don't put weight down on my whole right foot when I walk.

What's with Tiegan showing off the band-aid in the photo?
Oh yeah, she bit the dust yesterday while walking to the car. Our sidewalk leading to the driveway is in pretty bad shape, and she tripped on one of the cracks. She went down hard and cried for a minute. Immediately started bleeding. J was trying to lighten the mood by laughing playfully and putting her in the car anyway, and I got all hormonal and hysterical. "DON'T laugh at her! Give her to me! We have to clean it up! Back up! Let me look at it! Stop laughing!" I had a few tears of my own. It just breaks my heart when my baby gets hurt.

I probably overreacted.

So... how about that belly picture?

Mom took this the Friday before last, when I was 31 weeks. This next one is at 32 weeks, and it's of me and my sister, who is 4 weeks ahead of me. Sorry for the goofy faces... we felt a little silly with our shirts up waiting for Mom to figure out her camera. ;)



Am I the only one out there that has to shove a camera at someone else and say "here... take my picture"?!?!

2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

adorable belly shot!!!!

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

No you arent the only one! Hence why there are little pics of me around! Grr....

Great shots of you, none the less! :)