Thursday, May 28, 2009

35 Weeks... and a storm

I had my 35-week OB appointment this morning. From here on out, I'll be going every week. Next week I get to have a pelvic exam. Oh, yippee!

Basically, as usual, he said everything is normal. My sore ligament has mended on its own (thank GOODNESS - that was painful). Blood pressure was normal, which surprised me because last night I noticed my ankles turned into blimps overnight. Jason says they feel like memory foam. Doc wasn't too concerned - he said as long as my face (along with the rest of me) isn't puffy all of a sudden, it's pretty typical for ankles to swell especially in the heat. I've only gained 1 lb in the past 2 weeks, bringing me up to a whopping 131 pounds. I can live with that. That's 31 lbs. total this whole pregnancy so far. Better than the 60 I gained last time.

I did express the amount of discomfort I've been in, and he attributed it to my body being pretty beat up from the 1st pregnancy and delivery. Weaker muscles, weaker ligaments, my uterus is lower... lots of pressure... yadda yadda yadda. I climb a fair amount of steps at work, and he just advised me to take it easy.

The biggest surprise of the whole appointment - Snarky Nurse was nice! She even smiled at me.

I left work a couple hours early this afternoon because I was having cramps every 5-10 minutes. Oh, here comes one now.........

.... ... .................

I've been having braxton hicks for several weeks now - sometimes regular, sometimes not. They usually go away if I'm lying down but lately they've been increasing in discomfort & don't go away no matter what I do. They're still not timing out regularly enough to merit a trip to Labor & Delivery though.

So, that's that I guess. Toughing it out!

We had a pretty cool storm last night. Storms here at the lake are fun to watch.

First it was all greenish outside.


Tiegan was at Grandma's, so we watched The Dark Knight on Blu-Ray while waiting for the rain to roll in. A very cool movie to watch during a storm, especially with our brand new [free!] surround sound.


There was the coolest glow on all the houses across the lake, even as it rained, and the sky was almost black behind them.


I just love storms. I think they're exciting. I feel guilty for this because I know storms damage homes and ruin lives. But gee golly, ever since I was obsessed with Twister way back in the day, I just get that little jump of excitement every time I see a "warning" signal or hear that annoying BEEEEEEEEEP on the radio.

No comments: