Tuesday, May 26, 2009

T3: Embarrassing iTunes Songs



I thought I would give "Top Ten Tuesdays" a whirl. Let's see how long it lasts. We'll begin this week with my top ten embarrassing iTunes songs that I just can't help but love!

  1. Ashlee Simpson - "No Time for Tears" - Usually, her squeaky fake-punk voice just really gets on my nerves. But there is just something about this that just makes me start tapping my foot.
  2. Barenaked Ladies - "Eraser" - This is on the Snacktime album for kids. Funny thing is, I think I enjoy it more than Tiegan does.
  3. John Travolta & Olivia Newton John - "You're The One that I Want" (Grease) - Just a cute, fun song to sing & dance to... The only requirement is that you have to be using a hairbrush as a pretend microphone. I have to admit, I dream of playing Sandy in a live version of this someday! How fun.
  4. Kristin Chenoweth - "The Girl in 14G" - I just think Kristin Chenoweth is adorable. And who knew she had such a huge pair of... uh... lungs?
  5. Rhianna - "Disturbia" - This started out as a song I endlessly ridiculed Jason for being obsessed with last summer. Tiegan grew to like it, and I think the only reason I enjoy it so much is because I think it's hilarious when she asks me to play her song, going on to sing all the wrong words because she can't understand any of it.
  6. Rush - "Limelight" - Shut up.
  7. Spoon - "The Way We Get By" - Embarrassing to like because I totally don't live the lifestyle they're portraying in this song. I think it's more the musical side of the song that I like, rather than the lyrics.
  8. Sound of Music - "I am 16 Going on 17" - I am totally starting to look like a musical theatre geek right about now! I have no excuse, other than I grew up doing musicals with my family.
  9. Simon & Garfunkel - "The Only Living Boy in New York" - I don't think I should be embarrassed to like this song whatsoever. It's an amazing song. But for some reason, I just get the weirdest looks from people when I tell them I like S&G.
  10. Mandy Moore - "Gardenia" - I'm not usually a pop music fan. However, I honestly thing Mandy Moore has real talent hidden under there. She did marry Ryan Adams, after all. Besides - she turned into a girl-crush of mine when I saw "Because I Said So" for the 1st time.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I would definitely have Ashlee Simpson and some music theater on my list!

The Way We Get By is nothing to be ashamed of :-) It might make it to my top 10 Non-Embarrassing songs list. Same with S&G!

And I am definitely in love with Mandy Moore, the actress. I haven't heard any of her newer stuff (aka anything after the Britney vs. Jessica vs. Mandy days of yore) but I LOVE Only Hope (from Walk To Remember) so I think I might have to give her new album a listen.

I think I would put Mandy Moore on my Most Embarrassing Favorite Actresses. My bf asked who my fave actress was and when I answered, he flat out laughed at me, lol