Friday, May 22, 2009

34 Weeks Today.

I had a little bit of a much-needed meltdown today.

Ever since last night, I have had this constant, growing, deep ache in my lower back. You know, the menstrual-feeling kind that NO amount of massage or painkillers will help. Today, at work, I was trying really hard to keep my cool through several intense contractions. I didn't want to freak anyone out.

They continued when I got home, and are still happening - although erratic. They range from 5 minutes to 45 minutes apart. No matter the amount of time between, though, each one is equally as intense as the last.

When I got home, the first thing I did was tearfully call Jason. I just needed to let it out a little bit. He is so sweet and supportive. I think I've been pretty strong and have held it together really well throughout this whole pregnancy- I deserved to break down just a little. Especially since my amazing sister just had her baby, who is still in the NICU at U of M. I've been pretty uncomfortable the past couple weeks but have kept it mostly to myself, for fear of making it seem like I was trying to battle it out for our parents' attention. (A running theme since our teenage years).

I asked if I could pick up Tiegan from Judy's a little late, as I needed to regain my composure and put my feet up for a little while to see if the contractions & pain would lessen. They didn't, but I was finally able to dry my tears and recharge my batteries a little bit.

And on to live another day...

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

i also feel like i have made it an 'easy' pregnancy for tony. and im not afraid now to hold back any emotions. meaning, he's had it easy, i can have bad moment. and its okay for you to also!!
i hope your frown can turn upside down soon. :)