Monday, May 25, 2009

Shelf Belly.

A few friends and I were remarking the other day on all the weird, inappropriate things people say to you when you're pregnant. Like they can't help it - the words just spew out.

Lately, I've been getting comments full of surprise at how long I have left to go, and how HUGE my baby is going to be.

Thanks to those people. I appreciate hearing that I look like a behemoth from the ribs down, and that you are imagining how there will be nothing left of me by the time labor & delivery is over with.

At first I was greatly annoyed at these comments... and then I saw this picture that my mom took of me today (I was 34 weeks as of last Friday & it's now Monday):


HOLY Shelf-Belly!
At least I haven't completely blimped out like I did when I was pregnant with Tiegan. Everything from my face to my feet got... well, fat.

When I tell people that Tiegan was 7 lbs. 10 oz, I say it with a teensy bit of self-sympathy. People don't realize this. While that's a pretty average newborn size, I am not an average sized adult. I feel like my belly is as big now as it was when I was getting ready to go into the hospital with Tiegan. The rest of my body has, thankfully, stayed pretty normal, which is why my midsection looks so disproportionate by comparison.

But seriously... is this baby going to get BIGGER!? Is that even possible?!!

In other news, we had a great memorial day. More on that tomorrow, or maybe even the day after that, as I am completely exhausted from the day's activities.

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

im sorry im gonna be one of those people.. you look like ur gonna pop! I cant imagine u still having so many weeks left??!!

Anonymous said...

Loads!