Monday, August 10, 2009

Bleary

Despite the trying day we had yesterday, wherein Jason & I would frequently look at each other and say something like, "Why is this so difficult?" we actually did enjoy ourselves overall.

I think here, Tiegan is doing her "I'm gonna go swimming" dance, or something:



And swim she did.



Sofia and I stayed inside and enjoyed the A/C. She did this while I got the dishes done:



I enjoyed looking out the door to see my loves having a grand ol' time in the water.



Later, the skies turned black. I didn't get any pictures - we were too busy rounding up the gang after seeing "Tornado Warning: Grass Lake" which is not too far from us. While I was rounding up candles and packing a diaper bag and getting squeamish at the thought of spending time in our dungeon/basement, Jason had the brilliant idea to head over to his grandma's. Their basement is a lot bigger and structurally sound than ours. Tiegan was a little freaked out because of how frantic we were, but I tried to let her know it was OK.

The dark skies and the heavy winds were freaking me out a little too, but it was kind of exciting. I've always been interested in big storms and Twister was my favorite movie for a long time. It's different when you have young children, though. All I could think about was getting them to safety. If it weren't for them, Jas & I probably would have just hung out at home to watch the action. If we were thinking about leaving, I probably would have have checked my hair & makeup first. Just sayin'.

The storms ended up passing and there was a rotation spotted in the sky but it never touched down, as far as I know. What a night for LeeAnn to have her baby!

Sofia slept last night from her bedtime bottle (10pm) until 5am! It was her 3rd night in the bassinet by herself and she did great. Yes, the first couple weeks we c0-slept. They say you shouldn't, but believe me, we slept with one eye open every night. It was the only way she'd actually sleep. So, being that I got the longest stretch of solid sleep that I've had since the Dark Ages, why am I more tired this morning than I have been since she was born? Figure that one out.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

oh that is defintely going into the baby book! LOL! We had to all evacuate our rooms and head towards the hallway in the center, by the elevators. Luckily there were only 3 moms with their babies, but there were two women in L&D. One with active labor, from what we could hear in the next hallway! I felt soo bad for her! I sure hope she wasnt really close to pushing, that would really suck!!