Saturday, August 8, 2009

The First & Last Thing On My Mind

Feels like everything is falling into place. It just keeps getting better & better.

Jason is settling into his new (better paying, I might add) job, and I'm back to work. We're figuring out a pretty good schedule with the girls and I'm even starting to lose all this extra weight already. I'm not holding my breath until I lose ALL of it, because I think I was probably a little underweight before.

I read something today that brought tears to my eyes. I know a lot of my Mommy friends are readers of Heather Armstrong's blog (aka Dooce). She posted the 3rd segment to her labor story with her most recent daughter, and a statement she made really tugged a heartstring of mine.

"I guess the hormones kicked in, or maybe it was the sharp contrast of going from that amount of pain to none at all, but I was totally high. Like, ten lines of cocaine high. HIGH. And that feeling was so strong and lasted so long that for two days straight all I did was stare at that baby and fall madly, deeply, ferociously in love."

Yes. Totally. She captured how I felt after Sofia was born - something I have not been able to put into words. I still feel that way. Completely swept up and overcome by this enormous amount of love. Not just for Sofia, but for all my family. My mother was right. When my 2nd daughter was born, I would not have to split myself to share with everyone - my love would only multiply.


No comments: