Thursday, August 13, 2009

Miss Spelling

Something that, unfortunately, has been occupying the small space in my mind:
People who do nothing but complain about the things & people that affect their lives, but make no effort to change anything.

That being said, I will keep that part of this post short. I just have to get that bug out of my butt. I think about it a lot. Like WAY more than I should, with all the other important things I need to be thinking about... and it gets me down. My sister, a single mom of 2 boys (a 2 year old and 3 month old), recently moved back in with my parents. Ever since, they have been squabbling like we did when we were teenagers. My parents are only trying to help sis out of a tight jam, and if she can get through this short, rough part of her life, she will fly free and be better off.

I love time with my mom & sister. I miss our girls' days out and chats about life & motherhood. Sadly, it's been a little different these days. One of the worst feelings in the world is being caught in the middle of a tense situation between two loved ones. And that's where I've been. One constantly complaining to me about the other and vice versa.

I have my opinions about the situation but I've decided I'm just keeping my nose out of it. This is one of those things where I would be better off saving my energy. Now if I could only keep it off my mind somehow...


In other news,
I have been driving down the same road every day for almost a year since I've lived in this house. There has been the same house on this road, with the same "for rent" sign up in the yard, since I can remember. And I JUST NOW happened to notice it was misspelled.
Yes, it says:
"APPARTMENT FOR RENT."

Other sign misspellings I have taken note of recently in my community:
"Cooming soon: Los Tres Amigos - Mexican Restraunt"
"Need New Countertops? Lanimate & Granite"

I'm sure there are more. Doesn't that blow your mind? I know it does mine.

Also, I really really like my job. Especially when it keeps me busy.

1 comment:

Aryn said...

theyre opening another los tres amigos??? o my god their food isnt even that good! lol