Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mourning... but hope?

Unlike certain people who just have all the luck in the world (you know who you are - I could smack you!), I still have a substantial amount of post-baby weight hanging on. It's not a LOT, but I was pretty... um, petite... to begin with. It's all in my midsection. Hello, muffin-top!

This is saddening. Not as saddening as my post-partum period with Tiegan, though, because that was a lot to get used to. My body was changing drastically for the first time and I pretty much had to say goodbye to my perfect tummy forever.

Let's just have a moment of silence for the perfect tummy.


(ca. 1998 - that's henna, not a tattoo)


(2005 - literally weeks before I was pregnant with Tiegan, maybe even days.. LOL)


My retail therapy trip this afternoon went surprisingly well despite the results. I didn't cry, and I didn't try on millions of pants, frustrating myself to no end in the process. I brought home one pair of jeans and one skirt, which is a little less than I had hoped for. But I knew if I kept trying things on and looking at myself in the mirror, I'd just get upset. It's nice to have a good pair of jeans that I don't have to fight with to put on. And that makes me happy. I didn't even spend too much time on that little number on the tag! You know, that dreadfully defining number. The one that magically goes UP about 3 notches for you when you enter a store like American Eagle or Hollister or PacSun. Ugh.

I have a few pre-pregnancy jeans that are not far behind - I just need to lose that fat on my hips... and my belly, which slightly resembles a helium balloon that's been floating around for weeks and has finally lost 90% of its contents but is now shriveled. My dear sweet husband claims he couldn't care less about that - and the butt and thighs are more than welcome to stick around, says he. Unfortunately, my body hasn't responded very well to the exercising I've been doing the past few days. I probably went a little gun-ho and started too early. Oops.

Anyone know where I can pick up a 19th century corset?

2 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Oh how i love the styles of the jeans in those stores, but hate what size i end up walking out with. I think ill be shopping Gap and misses clothing more now, than juniors. LOL!

Jessica said...

Take heart that even in your temporary post-preg state, you are probably still wearing sizes *some* people will never see :-) i'm looking forward to having a family, but i'll probably weight like 200 pounds and freak out, lol.