Saturday, August 15, 2009

Better late than never

We're going to take a photo of Sofia, in the same chair, at the same angle, with the same blanket, every month. I stole the idea from this fine lady, but unfortunately I can't say our photographic environment is nearly as spectacular.

I decided I was going to do this, oh, 3 weeks ago... which would have given me plenty of time to plan and prepare. But I found myself thinking "HOLY CRAP I'm late!" when realizing she was already 1 month + 3 days old. Oops.

So here is her 1 month + 3 day photo. I was in such a frazzled state I forgot to clear the clothes off the floor for the picture. Ah well... realism.


I've been more into that lately anyway.
Not the whole clothes on the floor thing - the realism.

Sometimes I try to get a perfectly framed, studio-looking shot of the girls, but recently I'm starting to like the more candid (yet still aesthetically pleasing photographically) snaps of life actually happening. I mean - the purpose of these photos is to help keep memories alive, right? So why not?




I haven't used our Boppy pillow for feeding Sofia for a while, and I saw my sister using hers to cradle her baby boy as he was resting... so I thought I would try it with Sofia. She's so small that she just got all scrunched up in the middle, so I flipped her to her tummy. And she LOVED it. We're going to have more tummy time with the Boppy from now on.

1 comment:

Steph said...

She's so cute :) You must be proud!