Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Two Cents

Jacksonians, if you haven't heard...

Rocket co-owner Todd Sanford, who was a suspect in Sampier homicide, kills himself

Click above to read the full article. I'm going to make this somewhat short. My opinion: although this could be called a very tragic story about a successful man going down in flames, Todd made some very poor choices. Unfortunately, he was upset and unable to control his emotions with a gun in his hand. Many people place blame on the girl that these two men were both "dating." While dating 2 guys at once wasn't a very wise thing to do (I hear she was pretty serious with Todd, and this other guy was just a fling), I can't agree that it was all her fault this happened.

I know people that knew Todd, and believe me -- I've heard all different kinds of rumors. I won't share any here, because it's all just speculation. Who really knows what happened? When hearsay gets passed from one place to the other, it gets altered over and over and loses all credibility. There is not much of this story that I can actually consider fact, because so much of it is just he-said-she-said.

Despite the rumors, despite the girl's so-called cheating... Todd made the choices he did. He took two lives: someone else's and his own, and the families/friends of both are the ones paying. He didn't HAVE to kill someone, but he did, and he made his own bed.

No comments: