Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Big Trip

When we get our tax return, we're going to plan a trip to the Ikea store in Canton.

I'm already starting a wishlist. I know I'm going to have to hold myself back once we get there - it will be like walking through heaven! Here's what I want so far...

This armchair & footstool for the baby's room. I've sat in them before; they kind of bounce. So I wouldn't need a rocking chair.

OK, so I have to be realistic. We probably won't be coming home with a new sofa (unless we rent a U-Haul). Our current sofa is [faux] leather, which is starting to crack and split after only 2 years.

Everyone needs a little burst of color in their life. This would be a side table for the sofa.

A couple of these for the living room.

This table & chair set is great and such a space saver. I love how they all tuck in perfectly around the corners!

That's all I can come up with before I start going crazy and picking out hundreds of little things. and if you wanted to look at every item Ikea has available, you'd just go to their website.

Also, I'd like to add something totally unrelated to this post. Jason is the greatest. He brought home ice cream and root beer last night because he knew it was my family's tradition to have root beer floats on New Year's Eve. He also brought home popsicles. That was totally random, but it turned out perfectly because I happen to have a raging sore throat. He's just the nicest guy. He is the only guy that I can get in an argument with and still want to cuddle a few minutes later. After being apart for the summer, we've come to appreciate each other more -- which is what I was hoping would come of our separation. I realized that no one else out there would ever be fit for me.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Hey we actually have that chair! Its very comfy!!