Friday, December 19, 2008

About My First-Born...

I nabbed this survey from LeeAnn who nabbed it from Nicole.
about my first-born...


1. Were you married at the time? We got married shortly after we found out we were having a baby. We had already planned on getting married, but we hurried it up (mainly because I still wanted to fit in the wedding dress I had already bought!)
2. What were your reactions? Had no idea what to expect, but very excited.
3. How old were you? 20.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I was "irregular" anyway so I didn't pay much attention to my cycles. One day I just had a hunch, and asked J if he would pick up a home pregnancy test for me. Turned out my hunch was right.
5. Who did you tell first? I told Jason - he had actually gone out somewhere and I took the test while I was home alone. I remember being SO anxious to tell him.. and waiting so impatiently for him to get back! He was gone for hours. I was asleep by the time he got back, but he woke me up and asked me about it.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes, we wanted to be prepared.
7. Did you deliver early or late? A little early by induction - I was too miserable to continue to full term.
8. Did you have morning sickness? Not really. I had that roller coaster feeling a lot, but hardly ever got sick.
9. What did you crave? Mild buffalo wings from Applebee's with bleu cheese.
10. Who irritated you the most? I have to say Jason did. Sorry honey. I don't know why... probably just all those "guy" habits.
11. What was your first child's sex? Girl. (Princess)
12. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? WAY too many! Nearly 60 pounds. More than half my original body weight.
13. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? My doctor didn't listen to me, but I was positive I had pre-eclampsia.
14. Where did you give birth? Foote.
15. How many hours were you in labor? About 7 hours.
16. Who drove you to the hospital? Jason drove - I remember we left the house a little early because we were so restless/anxious (it was a scheduled induction). We went to the gas station, got something to drink, and then headed to the hospital.
17. Who watched? Jason, my mom and my sister.
18. Was it natural or c-section? Natural. I'm no expert, but I think it could have been a C-section... she was pretty "stuck"!
*EDIT: I totally worded this answer to sound the wrong way. Tiegan had a natural birth, but I think it SHOULD have been a C-section because she was stuck for so long!
19. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? I had an epidural as well as some IV pain meds, and a local anesthetic. They were pretty liberal with the pain meds, thank goodness, since they screwed up the Pitocin!
20. How much did your child weigh? 7 lbs. 10 oz.
21. Did your child have any complications? None other than some bruising on her face.
22. What did you name him/her? Tiegan Raine.
23. How old is your first born today? She will be 3 in February.

3 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Oh the Buffalo Wild wings sound really good right now!! Might have to get Applebees-Carside-To-Go!!!

So you arent sure if you had natural or c-section??!! you would have a scar on your pelvis because they wouldve taken you to surgery to cut you open and take her out that way. You probably had her natural, you would know if it were a csection! :)

AshleyB said...

HAHA, I put an edit on the entry because I was embarrassed to know people might read that and think I don't know the diff between vaginal and cesarean. LOL!!

Nicole said...

HAHAHAH! I am LOL at LeeAnn's comment and your edit. I understood what you meant, but only after I read it twice. HAHAhA!