Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Boom

Yesterday was family Christmas cookie making day. My parents, my sister and I have made the same cookies every year. Sometimes we try a little variation, but they always turn out great. I should have photos up the next time I post. Tiegan wasn't as interested in the whole process as I thought she'd be. She kept asking when it was time to "color" the cookies, but it turned out her favorite part was using the cookie cutters. By the time we got to frosting and decorating, she was burnt out and snacking on salami.

Tiegan has been getting up several times in the night. The past couple weeks, she has woken us up not once - not twice... but upwards of FIVE times a night. Between midnight and 4am. She usually wants a drink, a hug, a movie, or for her blankets to be rearranged. Things she has no business waking us up for at this age (except maybe a drink... I can understand that once in a while).

This is especially frustrating for me because once I'm woken, it's very hard for me to get back to sleep, especially in my condition (which I will tell you about a little further down). Plus: it doesn't help that when a sleep-wake-sleep-wake cycle happens with me in a short time period like that, I develop a BAD headache. Last night was the pits. Thankfully it didn't turn into a full-blown migraine and a simple ice pack managed to do the job.

So, when Tiegan & I got to my parents' house yesterday, and we were all gathered together, I made an announcement:
"On July 3rd, Tiegan is going to be a BIG SISTER!"
We were going to wait until next week to spill the beans. Our plan was to slip an ultrasound photo into everyone's Christmas cards. It didn't work out that way, since I won't need an ultrasound for 6-8 more weeks. I had my first prenatal visit with the Dr. Farhat Wednesday, and he was great. I had his partner, Dr. Scott, when I was pregnant with Tiegan. I didn't like him very much. He practically ignored me most of the time. My concerns were blown off with the answer "Oh, anything is considered normal during pregnancy. I wouldn't worry."
Dr. Farhat actually asked ME questions and I was happy with his amount of respect for me.

Sorry I didn't have as exciting a way to announce the news as LeeAnn... that was awesome! I think Jackson is having a baby boom this summer.

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Oh, I am happy to add another preggo. I would've scanned you and given you pictures for your ultrasound surprise. Im sure everyone is happy! I also wanted to wait until Christmas, but we decided to do the tshirt and figured we didnt need to wait for that. My first thought was some sort of Christmas gift as well. But I really liked the shirt I made. lol! I added your floating baby too! :)