Tuesday, April 28, 2009

All Good Things.

Work is going great. I really love it so far. The mid-day hours are actually really convenient - for the most part, I'll just be dropping Jason off at work, chilling for an hour or two in the morning, going to work myself, then coming home to chill for another few hours, then picking Jason up from work (dropping off/picking up Tiegan in those times too of course).

So, I have a little bit of time before and after work to do chores/run errands or whatever needs to be done. Sweet.

Jason fixed the sump pump in the basement. I'm pretty proud, since he's usually quite the opposite of handy. I'm Mrs. Fix-It around here for the most part. And here I thought it was just supposed to be wet down there all the time. DUH. Apparently it will drain out and dry up in the next couple days. SOOO, now that we have a 2nd income, we might be able to swing our very own washer & dryer after all. The basement will still flood every once in a while, but the sump pump should take care of the majority of the damage. It's unfinished concrete floor & walls, so it's not like we have carpet or drywall to worry about. Now if only I didn't totally hate spiders...

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Tony was just telling me that his parents old house in MC used to have problems with flooding basement. So in the basement, he built a step up or a platform to put the W/D on the keep it dry, in case it did happen to flood. Then your W/D would be safe from the water. :)

Glad to hear your new work schedule works out sooo well!! Thats great thats it doesnt sound like its taking away from your family time in the evenings! :)