Monday, October 26, 2009

Work Out Kid

Help! I haven't been quite as strict on my at-home fitness regime as I'd hoped to be.

Oops.
Big oops.

I was going to be really hard on myself - like, put myself through boot camp to get back in shape. But, once again, I have slacked off and let myself down. It's hard to admit I need someone else to kick my ass into shape, and that I don't have the guts. But here I am, admitting it. That's the first step, right?

All it took was me trying on my 2-sizes-bigger-than-pre-pregnancy jeans 3.5 months after giving birth and STILL not being able to pull them up over my thighs. Goodbye, carbs!

So... does anyone know of a way to find some great at-home fitness tips? I don't have the money for a gym membership, and there aren't many good shows on the Fit channel during the times I can exercise.

4 comments:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

sounds like you, me and nicole need to figure something out for working out. We 3 are always talking about, but arent doing anything about it. LOL!

Jessica said...

Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is wicked. You'll probably need more cardio to lose weight, but this will make you feel pain. for days!

MacKenzie said...

100 reverse crunches
100 regular crunches
100 jumping jacks
100 leg beats
25 lunges each leg
50 leg lifts each leg
100 sidebends total
50 torso twists total

and 30 mins of cardio every day but the weekend. Do you have OnDemand? If so they have an exercise on demand channel and that's what I always used. I lost 12 of my 32 lbs after 1 month. Then worked off 20lbs, Im now back to being able to eat what I want when I want and not gain the weight back. I yo-yo'ed for a while there and got super frustrated. I ate healthy all week then the weekend I let myself slide a bit. Those lunges and leg lifts will keep ur current booty/thighs just make it tighter ;) (My problem area lol) And you know I will be more than happy to kick your ass and mine any day. LOL I havent worked out since I got my boobies so it'll be just like I'm starting out on the ground level again too. All in all the whole kicking ass and taking names plus cardio takes about an hour. Jeff gets home at 6 every night so if you wanna do it, I'm free after that.

Steph said...

Try the fitness magazines' websites. They often have easy at-home workouts.

Walking is great too!