Thursday, October 22, 2009

Push Through

I thought I had done a great job in avoiding this sickness that's been going around. Nearly everyone I know has been sick and gotten over it, so I thought I was in the clear.

Boy, was I wrong! Despite the frequent hand-washing, avoiding touching my face, washing and re-washing sheets & pillowcases, some sort of bug has decided to unpack its bags and set up shop in my immune system. Which is just great, because I have a weak immune system. Make yourselves comfortable, nasty bugs, because you're gonna be here for a while.

I don't feel too horrible (yet), but last night I was up with a migraine caused by the congestion. Thankfully the migraine is gone now, but I had to take the day off work. My first sick day since maternity leave. I can't help but think there should have been something I could do - I should have pushed myself harder and gone to work anyway. Even though I know there is no way in hell I would have been able to stare at a computer monitor for 5 hours without puking, I still feel guilty. Why is that?

In happier news, I was able to record video (on my cell phone - hence crappy quality) of Sofia's first laughter the other day. It was uplifting to say the least. Something so uninhibited and genuinely happy... it made my day. My week, really.


No comments: