Saturday, October 17, 2009

I've Got Answers

Outside my window... I see lights from faraway houses reflecting on the calm lake between us.

I am thinking... about going to bed soon, and that it's been such a long time since I've had an evening massage. Having 2 children really changes things.

I am thankful for... having a family that works as a team. We talk out our problems and we work through our rough patches logically - whether they be emotional, financial, parental or otherwise. I remind myself every day of how lucky I am to be married to a sweet, loving, and understanding person with whom I have so much in common.

In my kitchen... the cabinets are screaming for some paint and the appliances ache to be replaced. I could really use a dishwasher, too, but I won't get greedy.

I am wearing... grey athletic pants, a green tank, and Jason's WMU hoodie.

I am creating... a comfortable, clean home for my family. It's a daily work in progress which will probably never end.

I am going... to force myself to be more motivated in the exercise department. A little cardio every day will be good for me, and I feel better when I'm more active - which will hopefully result in getting back down to my pre-pregnancy size.

I am reading... Touch Points by Dr. Brazelton. Re-reading, actually. Highly recommended to parents of children 3 and under.

I am hoping... we are able to get a Wii sometime in the next few months. Our family deserves it, and I think it would be fun for Tiegan & help her to feel included. Also, the Wii Fit would really help me with the weight/fitness issue I have.

I am hearing... The race on TV, the dull roar of the furnace from the basement, and Jason snoring on the couch.

Around the house... are random items lying around and bare walls that do not reflect my personality whatsoever. I believe you can learn a lot about someone from their home, but from mine, you would get the wrong impression of me.

One of my favorite things right now... is being with my family. I spend plenty of time with the girls, but what I really love is when Jason is home for the weekend. Not only do I enjoy our leisure time together, I also get some help from him with the girls so I can get housework done.

A few plans for the weekend... Lounging around and enjoying our last day off before the start of the new work week. Maybe going out and grabbing a few pumpkins for us to carve - nothing fancy.

A picture to share...

The view from my front yard. This is what I see out my living room sliding door every day. Another thing that hardly ever fails to put a smile on my face.

No comments: