Thursday, October 1, 2009

Contents Under Pressure

I think the wee one might be cutting a tooth already. She's only 2 months old! OK... 2 and a half... but still, what babies have you known to cut teeth that soon? I'm trying to remember when Tiegan's first tooth popped through, and I'm thinking it was around 4-5 months. Everyone's different I guess.

My first clue was that Sofia has been chomping on her fingers lately, and is flooding the house with drool. When Jason brought the girls home from his grandma's today, he said Judy mentioned she thinks Sofia's teething. Now knowing I'm not the only one having those thoughts, I stuck my finger in there and felt around for myself. I can't be certain but it feels like there's a tooth just aching to poke out on the top. She gleefully chewed on a cold, wet washcloth this evening. So, we'll see.

Gosh, it's a little sad that the most exciting story I have to tell you is that my baby chewed on a washcloth today. You are all so riveted, I just know it!

I did have a migraine today. Life-leeching, evil monstrosities are what they are.

Thankfully I don't get them very often anymore (as a kid I would get at least one per week). But when I do, I'm down for the count. When I feel one coming on, please hole me up in a cool, dark, quiet room with a comfy bed, an ice pack, a puke bucket and lots of pain killers for 6 hours and maybe - just MAYBE - I will come out of it not wanting to jab a fork in my eye. Oh, and don't forget the cell phone for calling 911 because I'm positive that nothing in the world (besides giving birth) could ever be this painful and I'm absolutely GOING TO DIE if I vomit one more time. Because 17 isn't enough. And why don't we throw in a lung, for good measure. You don't need both of them, right?

I have endless sympathy for those that experience the same thing. That kind of misery should be reserved solely for those who commit terrible crimes. Screw the death penalty - give them migraines!

No comments: