Monday, October 12, 2009

A little bit of this and that.

Here comes the "I need to blog more often but don't have much to say" post. The one where I list the random unimportant things that have been on my mind just to get a post out there, for fear of totally losing my will to blog.

  • My headaches have become more frequent. Thankfully they've only been more of a nuisance; not quite paralyzing like usual.
  • Jason got his first set of contacts the other day, and has been spending at least 1 hour on them in the morning, and another hour before bed. It's cute. I love that I can see his gorgeous eyes and enormous lashes now.
  • I have really been wanting a sewing machine. I always make these promises to myself that I will be more crafty, will recycle/refurbish fabrics more often, but I never do. Now I just have to decide what I'd rather have when the money comes my way - a new Blackberry, a Wii, or a sewing machine?
  • Desperate Housewives is my crack. I am so addicted. A couple weeks ago I started watching reruns on Lifetime at 3pm every day after work. Then I missed a couple episodes and thought I'd see if I could find a place to watch them online. Once I was caught up again (still season 1), I didn't want to stop. I now watch eps on the laptop every evening and have no idea what I'm going to do when I'm all caught up to the current episodes and have to wait a WHOLE WEEK between shows. (That is where the sewing machine or Wii could come in handy).
  • I still really, really like my job. I can't stress enough how enjoyable it is to work at a place where I'm trusted and respected as an equal. It really feels like a team effort. As some of you who may have followed my writing in the past, you know that this is a huge improvement from my last newspaper job. Plus, it's kind of fun looking through the newspaper and being able to tell your friends, "See that full-page ad? I designed it!"
  • I'm dreading winter. I know so many people say this, but I'm really - REALLY dreading it. For a lifetime Michigander, I sure do hate the cold more than you'd think. I've never been diagnosed but I think I may have SAD (aka Seasonal Affective Disorder). During the colder months I am not only irritable but unmotivated, cranky and borderline depressed. I have no energy and I feel clumsy. And it doesn't help that my hair turns to straw and my skin to sandpaper when the temperature drops below 50. The only things that get me through are the excitement of seeing Tiegan play in the snow, and of course cute boots on sale. Anyone out there feel the same? I hope we get one last kick of warmish weather before the Earth starts to freeze.
  • My mom is making Tiegan's halloween costume. I saw a draft yesterday. I'm so stoked to show everyone photos after Halloween - hopefully she enjoys wearing it! It will be really special because my Mom always made our Halloween costumes as kids, and we still have them to this day. I plan on keeping the ones she makes for my daughters, too, so they can pass them down.

Time to pick up Sofia. Tiegan has dance class on Monday evenings, which Grandma Judy takes her to. She has so much fun there. I'm glad she's able to have that outlet. But since I'm not there, I really wonder how she behaves. Not that it's a huge concern, but lately she has been very emotional/whiny. Really, since Sofia was born. I am starting to see the connection. Hm....

1 comment:

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

Where did you find the other seasons of DH?