Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reading!

I wore a short-sleeved shirt yesterday.
67 degrees in November. Unreal! It was much needed.

And now for the real reason I'm posting today...

I wanted to share a video of Tiegan reading. It's incredible. She's at a 2nd grade level, at age 3 (4 in February). I realize the volume on this is horrible - you're going to have to turn it waaaay up, and it's still a bit fuzzy. However, for the meantime, my only method of taking video is my cell phone.



And in case you can't understand, here is the excerpt from the book "Just a Bad Day" that she is reading.

"...to paint a picture. But my sister had left the tops off my paints, and they were all dried up. I wanted to play with my new truck, but my dad had stepped on it by accident and broken the wheel."

This is one of her easier books. You wouldn't believe the words she has surprised me with by reading all on her own:
mysterious
ghostly
acceptable
inventive
precisely

Yup. That's my girl.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That is awesome!