Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back in Time

Got this survey from Nicole... some questions & answers about my time in high school :)

1. Did you date someone from your school? Yeah, I had quite a few boyfriends in high school. They were mostly from my school, except for Jason when we dated for a while at first - he was a college boy ;)

2. What kind of car did you drive?
None, until after I graduated.

3. What was the most embarrassing moment of HS?
When this guy I dated (turned out to be a huge waste of my time) spread some awful rumors about me.

4. Were you a party animal?
Not really. In fact I can't remember going to one party.

5. Were you considered a flirt?
A little bit.

6. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Do I have to answer this? Ok fine... all three.

7. Were you a nerd?
Despite my above answer, no. There were tons of "cool kids" in these organizations.

8. Were you on any varsity teams?
Nope.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled?
Nope. I was threatened with a suspension but never got one.

10. Can you still sing the fight song? Ehhhh... parts.

11. Who were your favorite teachers?
My humanities teacher and my band teacher.

12. Where did you sit during lunch? Usually went out for lunch, sometimes sat on the front lawn of the school, or at a cafeteria table with my best friends.

13. School mascot? Viking

14. Did you go to homecoming, and with who?
I went to homecoming 2 different years, each with my boyfriend at the time - 1st one, Tommy - 2nd one, Evan.

15. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Nope.

16. What do you remember most about graduation?
It took FOREVER. I was near the end of our 300-something class, and it was inside rather than on the football field because of weather, so it was hot, loud and crowded.

17. Where did you go senior skip day? I didn't skip. the black history tour group was singing at an assembly that day, so our authority figures guilted us into feeling like we were being racist if we skipped that day.

18. Were you in any clubs? I was on the yearbook staff, does that count? Oh god, I have nerd written all over me.

19. Have you gained some weight since then?
I've had 2 kids - you take a guess.

20. Who was your prom date?
I didn't go to prom. Todd and I got dressed up and went to dinner at Olive Garden that night. Looking back, I think it was more him talking me out of going to prom, rather than us agreeing not to go.

21. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I'm not really sure. Probably not. I keep in touch with the people that matter to me, and there's Facebook... so I don't really see the point.

22. Looking back, what advice would you give yourself?
2 things: I would have told myself to be less shy/nervous... and I would have made myself take the ACT/SAT and apply to colleges.

No comments: