Sunday, September 20, 2009

Meditate.

Things I Cannot Take For Granted, Ever:
  • Having a washer/dryer, especially with a baby in the house.
  • Drawn-out hugs.
  • Jugs of ice-cold drinking water at the ready.
  • Having over 200 channels on TV.
  • Time to myself & the use of headphones in the evening.
That last one is really what prompted this entry. This evening I went to pandora.com and plugged in. At night after the girls have gone to sleep, and Jason is usually either watching a movie or playing video games, it's the perfect time for me to retreat deep into my own mind. And that's just what I can do when I crank up the volume so my music is literally all I can hear. For a little while each evening, it's just me and my thoughts. And even though I cherish time spent with my family, I value that retreat I'm able to have every day.

It's a place where I can rescue my sanity. I can think about how I can improve upon myself tomorrow. About how I feel, and why I feel that way. Or maybe I can think about nothing at all for a change.

No comments: