Wednesday, September 2, 2009

All Smiles.

Seeing this as the wallpaper on my phone every time I go to use it gives me the biggest grin. My 2 ladies really are the light(s) of my life.

Sofia's hair is starting to grow back on top, ever so slightly. I remember Tiegan lost most of her hair on top, and it took months to grow back. She had that "old man" hairline for the longest time.

Miss Q is learning how to pull hair. It was cute at first, like if she was resting her head up on my shoulder - she'd hang onto my hair gently almost if it made her feel more secure. Now, she pulls. HARD. I forgot how strong babies can be!

8 weeks Friday. Can you believe it? In ways I can, and in ways I can't. Jason and I were just discussing this - sometimes it feels like I was just pregnant the other day, but other times it feels like it's been a long time. Like I've said before, it feels like Sofia has been a part of our lives forever - we just had to make her a reality. Only 8 weeks old and we already know her so well. The 2nd time around really helps you to realize that each baby, even this young, has his/her own very unique personality.

I was emailing my sister with a life update the other day and found myself gushing about how wonderful everything is. I didn't really expect to brag, but that's what it felt like I was doing. My only big complaint is about these extra 20 lbs. I'm hanging on to, and that I don't feel comfortable in any of my clothes. Everything else overshadows that, though, so it doesn't worry me so much. Not like it did last time. I cried every night for months after I had Tiegan - I know that sounds so superficial, but it wasn't just that. I didn't feel comfortable in my own skin. Not only did nothing fit, but my skin was literally sore. No one had told me my body would never go back to "normal." No one warned me to be prepared for that. This time I was prepared, which is probably a big part of the reason I'm not so bothered.

That, and the hopes that someday I will get a tummy tuck. ;)

1 comment:

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

What beautiful girls! You're so lucky! I don't have any children, but I'd imagine it would be the absolute neatest thing to discover their personalities as they grow.