Friday, July 31, 2009

No going back now

In a week, my newborn baby will be one. month. old.

What?!

These next 3 days will fly by before I go back to work Monday. I'm actually happy about that, because yesterday was one of those days. You know the kind where everyone needs something from you RIGHT NOW and OH MY GOD can I just get a moment of SILENCE. I believe I even sent a text message to Jason at some point, saying, "2 kids? what was I thinking?"

I think I'm coming down from that 3-week adrenaline rush, but still happy as ever. And totally head over heels for both my beautiful girls.

So here's my weekend...

Today (Friday): Mom's picking me & the girls up later this afternoon to meet Jason in Lansing to go car-shopping. Actually, we think we already have our car picked out & everything. I'm not jinxing it, though - we just have to do some paperwork and see if they can make it happen.

Saturday: Retail therapy. These pesky extra 20 lbs. need some love. I think I will feel much better with some clothes that actually fit me (you know, other than sweatpants) until I shed the rest of my baby weight. There's nothing quite like trying to wear your husband's pants and finding that even THOSE won't zip. Granted, my husband is a 29/29... but still.

Sunday: Lansing Lugnuts game! Jason surprised us with tickets yesterday. The 4 of us are going as a family. Should be interesting with a 3 week old baby. I think there will be fireworks. Yikes. BUT, a fun adventure I'm sure!

No comments: