Monday, January 19, 2009

Cake Inspiration

OK, everybody has a couple weeks to leave their input for Tiegan's birthday cake. For now, I think I may have found an idea.



This is my inspiration cake. I found this picture by searching Google Images for "pink birthday cake." Tiegan's will just be a regular 2-layer pan cake with the pink frosting you saw in the previous post (if I don't gobble it up before then!). I think I'll buy some white decorator frosting and create random white swirls on the sides just like this. My idea for the polka-dots is to use Neccos. I thought it would mimick the colorful dots on the inside, since I'm using confetti cake. If I don't change the design by then, I'll be sure to post pictures of how it turns out!

Also, a quick update - I forgot to mention that my ultrasound to determine the gender of the baby is scheduled for February 11. I can hardly contain myself! This time around, I have no clues. My mom is going by old wive's tales: at my first appointment, the heartbeat was 160-something, so she said girl. At my most recent appointment, the heartbeat was more like 148, so she said definitely boy. Jason keeps calling it "him." Tiegan keeps calling it a girl. I just don't have any idea. Here's my idea of why either would be wonderful for me, personally:

BOY: It will be something completely new for me, and our family will have great balance. Mom/daughter, Father/son. Jason really wants a boy to be rough-and-tumble with, and I want him to be able to have that experience. And I would be interested to see what kind of connection I would have with a baby boy of my own.

GIRL: I already know that I would be able to relate well to a girl. They are sweet, gentle and cuddly. Tiegan would have someone to have girl-time with (although maybe not until they're adults) - plus, we already have a ton of baby girl clothes.

We really aren't trying to think too hard about names until we know for sure. Saves us a lot of the unnecessary pressure. I suppose we'll just wait and see!

No comments: